From: Dat Nguyen Date: 2000-03-05T22:55:25-05:00 Subject: [ruby-talk:01743] Re: comp.lang.ruby RFD: withdraw or proceed? Q1: How many votes are there currently? Q2: If withdraw now, what to do to make sure in 3 months there will be more than enough votes? Q3: If the japanese Ruby community participates in the voting, are there enough votes? Dat >From: "Conrad Schneiker" >Reply-To: ruby-talk@netlab.co.jp >To: ruby-talk@netlab.co.jp (ruby-talk ML) >Subject: [ruby-talk:01738] comp.lang.ruby RFD: withdraw or proceed? >Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:58:27 -0600 > >((comp.lang.misc + cc: ruby-lang ML)) > >At the end of this week we will need to decide whether I should withdraw >the >RFD or whether I should send off the paperwork would then lead from the RFD >to the CFV (call for votes), sometime later this month. > >We need around 120 yes votes from prospective users of comp.lang.ruby to >succeed, and just to be on the safe side, we should probably aim for 200. > >If we don't get enough yes votes, we have to wait another 6 months to >resubmit the RFD. However if we withdraw the RFD instead, we could resubmit >it some 3 months from now if we wanted to. In either of these cases, >subsequent usage of comp.lang.misc would be a major factor in subsequent >news.groups discussions. > >Recommendations? > >Conrad > > > ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com