From: curt@... Date: 2004-07-10T02:22:55+09:00 Subject: Re: Ruby 1.8.2 to be released on July 7? On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 21:53:01 +0900, Austin Ziegler wrote: > > On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 21:46:29 +0900, Curt Hibbs > wrote: > > If its coming out "soon" then I wait before producing > the next release > > version of the Ruby Installer for Windows. But if it > is not eminent, I will > > proceed with the latest stable snapshot of 1.8.2. > > I would personally wait; I know there are probably > people waiting on > fixes for Windows, but if you release based on a stable > snapshot and > the 1.8.2 preview/release comes even a week later, that > means extra > work for you. I would rather have a version of the > Windows installer > that I can be comfortable with for a few weeks (at > least!) than have > to upgrade twice in short succession. I do agree with this. If it was going to be two or three months I would push ahead with the stable snapshot, otherwise the release candidates I have posted can be used by those who really want it while we wait for the official release. Curt